6 months - Residential - Updated December 2022
About Central Frontenac
The Township of Central Frontenac is made up of 4 wards: Kennebec, Olden, Oso, and Hinchinbrooke. The council consists of Mayor Frances Smith and 2 councillors from each of the above wards. The population is about 4,555 but more than doubles in summer.
The village of Sharbot Lake, where the township office resides, is the largest community in the township, and the hamlets of Parham, Mountain Grove and Arden make up the more populated areas, while Tichborne, Piccadilly, Godfrey, Henderson, Elm Tree and Crow Lake are mainly “crossroad communities”. All water and sewer in the township are wells and septic.
Central Frontenac is known for its lakes, trails, fishing, hunting, hiking, boating, camping, beaches, and sports.
- Sharbot Lake Family Health Team
- There are only 3 schools (in Sharbot Lake and Mountain Grove) but check Triboard to see to which local schools students are bussed
- Early ON Child and Family Centres
- Several places of worship
- Frontenac Community Arena in Godfrey
- Kennebec Wilderness Trails near Arden
- The Thomson’s Cut Trail (part of the K&P Trail)
- Sharbot Lake Provincial Park
- Farmer’s Market in Sharbot Lake
Properties in Central Frontenac
View our selection of available properties in the Central Frontenac.